Salesforce has made a name for itself as a leading voice in the industry, helping companies across all industries—not just tech—get their heads around DevOps. If you’re thinking about implementing DevOps in your healthcare organization, there are many best practices to consider and tips to implement that can make your job easier. In this article we’ll look at the best practices Salesforce DevOps offers specifically for healthcare companies. We’ll also highlight some key best practice of Salesforce Devops for healthcare industries that helps healthcare providers and their partners improve patient care, reduce costs, and increase revenue.
Tim is the IT manager of a leading healthcare provider in Houston, Texas. The institution has been using Salesforce for several years. Tim was assigned the task of enhancing the organization’s Salesforce system to ensure compliance to a recently revised regulatory policy. However, the enhancement could result in a significant interruption to the hospital’s operations. Tim is in a fix.
Jack is the IT head of a well-known geriatric healthcare services provider with operations across the European Union (EU). The organization uses the Salesforce platform, which is fully integrated with the organization’s Hospital Management System (HMS). Two months ago, the company’s Salesforce system was enhanced to comply with a new statute. Unfortunately, during the enhancement, data pertaining to thousands of patients was stolen; this resulted in several lawsuits being filed against the organization, and regulators have imposed huge penalties running into several hundred million euros.
Do these stories sound familiar? How can healthcare companies make modifications to their Salesforce systems to meet new business requirements, in a rapid and safe manner, without resulting in disruption to their operations? They need to use DevOps. Today, we’ll see what DevOps is and how Salesforce-using organizations in the healthcare industry can use the novel paradigm with high efficacy.
What Is DevOps For Salesforce?
DevOps is a philosophy that calls for seamless, close coordination between various teams involved in the enhancement of a software system such as development, IT operations, Quality Assurance (QA) and data security. By fostering the DevOps culture, organizations can acquire the capability to add new features to their systems quickly, in a secure fashion, with little interruption to their operations.
DevOps – Empowering Your Salesforce Team to Meet Your Dynamic Needs
By implementing DevOps effectively, you can enable your Salesforce team to deploy the changes to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system fast by shortening development lifecycles significantly and ensure minimal disruption to operations to meet your constantly-evolving requirements efficaciously.
Top 5 Best Practices: Salesforce DevOps in Healthcare Industry
Having seen what DevOps is and how it helps you meet your rapidly-changing requirements, let’s proceed to examine the following 5 key aspects that enable your healthcare business to implement Salesforce DevOps successfully.
- Development of a Robust Automation Framework It’s well-said time is money. Effective use of your team’s time plays a key role in enhancing the productivity of your healthcare organization’s Salesforce DevOps pipeline. You must utilize cutting-edge tools to automate your DevOps activities to save time, improve data security, and most importantly, minimize costs. You can use automated tools to perform analyses of static code, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) and various other tasks involved in enhancing your CRM system. Given the sensitive nature of your business, you can’t afford to take chances with the quality of your application, and proper automation will go a long way in ensuring high quality by reducing human intervention significantly.
- Creation of a Mechanism to Deal with Potential Data Safety Issues The healthcare sector is arguably the most heavily regulated industry, and organizations in this critical sector accord the highest priority to safeguarding their data; loss or theft of confidential data about patients and other sensitive information can have disastrous consequences. The growing complexity of various threats to data safety call for an effective system to model likely data security challenges – well-designed data security models help you evaluate your ability and preparedness to handle any potential threat in the DevOps cycle and handle it with high efficacy.
- Establishment of an Effective Data Governance System Staying on with data, the importance of setting up a robust data governance framework for the success of Salesforce DevOps initiatives of your healthcare business cannot be overstated. Proper governance of your data enables you to enhance your ability to develop insightful reports. It also helps automate various DevOps activities effectively, besides allowing you to meet the norms prescribed by regulatory authorities. It is highly advisable to appoint a team comprising people with good experience of handling data to oversee the management of the information in your Salesforce database.
- Delivery of Proper Training to Members of Your Team While it’s true the right tools help you implement Salesforce DevOps effectively, you also need to focus on another key aspect – your people. The members of your team are at the core of the success of your DevOps program. You must make sure they are equipped with the right technical skills and the ability to communicate clearly; the latter is extremely important as people belonging to various departments work closely on the DevOps project. You must remember properly trained personnel are less likely to make errors that can have a negative impact on system functionality and security. So, it’s very important to train your people in an effective manner.
- Use of a Comprehensive, Unitary Platform A Salesforce DevOps project of a healthcare company (or for that matter, any organization) involves extensive use of various tools, and putting these tools from a myriad of sources can make the project overly complex and may result in technical incompatibilities. So, it’s essential you use a single platform that facilitates hassle-free usage of all tools. The use of a unitary platform allows you to make the DevOps initiative simple and streamlined, thereby improving efficiencies in a big way.
The Top 6 Benefits of DevOps to Salesforce Health Cloud
Salesforce Health Cloud is a cloud-based platform that helps with the management of patient care, clinical and operational support. DevOps for healthcare can help in the following ways:
- Improved Visibility: Implementing DevOps processes into Salesforce Health Cloud allows for greater visibility across the entire system, including processes and operations. This allows for better decision-making, improved communication and collaboration among team members and stakeholders, and overall better management of the system.
- Automation: Automation is a key element of DevOps that improves the efficiency of all processes within Salesforce Health Cloud. By automating various tasks such as code merging, deployment, testing etc., organizations can reduce costs associated with manual labor while also speeding up delivery time frames significantly.
- Increased Security: With DevOps in place within Salesforce Health Cloud, security measures are also improved thanks to better insight into potential vulnerabilities or weaknesses across the system as well as automated security patching capabilities that help protect against any malicious attacks or hacks on patient data or other sensitive information stored within Salesforce Health Cloud systems.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery: CI/CD pipeline implementation is one of the major advantages provided by adding DevOps to Salesforce Health Cloud as it ensures fast identification and fixing of bugs along with faster delivery cycles for new features or improvements to existing ones without disrupting daily operations too much in the process due to automated rollbacks when needed etc..
- Scalability: As your organization grows so does your need for scalability which is another advantage brought about by implementing DevOps into your organization’s environment through Salesforce health cloud automation tools like Jenkins which can be used to automatically scale resources according demand requirements thus eliminating any manual effort needed from teams managing these resources .
- Improved Compliance & Regulatory Standards: One of the most important aspects when working with regulated healthcare data is keeping up with compliance standards such as HIPAA or GDPR which requires strict adherence from organizations in order to avoid hefty fines due violations thereof .By implementing DevOps practices such as automation ,security patching ,CI/CD pipelines etc., organizations using Salesforce health cloud can ensure they are not only meeting but exceeding such standards ensuring their continued success down the road
Why Healthcare Providers Should Use Salesforce CRM to Improve Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
Salesforce has been a leader in the CRM space for over 10 years. The company is constantly innovating and improving its products to meet the needs of customers. Salesforce has recently developed a new product called Salesforce DevOps for Healthcare that helps healthcare providers and their partners improve patient care, reduce costs, and increase revenue. Salesforce DevOps for Healthcare is a cloud-based solution that provides an end-to-end view of the patient journey from pre-enrollment to discharge. It helps healthcare providers manage their relationships with patients, physicians, payers, suppliers, and staff members by providing insights into all aspects of the patient’s stay.
Thus, by focusing on the aspects listed above, you can make sure the Salesforce DevOps project of your healthcare organization is a grand success. At Solunus, we work with you to ensure you complete the DevOps initiative with minimal effort and expenditure. Our strong focus on comprehending your unique needs coupled with our rich experience in implementing Salesforce DevOps for healthcare providers of varying sizes enable us to deliver the ideal solution to the needs.
Solunus is a dedicated Salesforce partner organization, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Our unrelenting focus on comprehending the unique needs of our clients coupled with our unrivaled expertise of the Salesforce platform enables us to deliver the perfect solutions that create the best value for IT and business analytics firms.