An upscale solution of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Advertising Studio helps marketers digitize their efforts at scale and target the right audiences to reach business goals effectively. It allows you to create unique experiences for customers while displaying ads to your target audience. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the features and benefits of Salesforce Advertising Studio. Also, we’ll learn how to set up Salesforce Advertising Studio.
Importance of Advertising Studio
Let’s take a look at why advertising studio is essential for your marketing.
- The Journey builder feature enhances every user’s buyer’s journey.
- Drastically boosts your email marketing campaigns.
- It acts as the heart of Marketing in the Marketing Cloud.
- It allows you to capture leads from your social accounts based on the profile of the top buyers. This cycle increases your revenue.
Benefits of Salesforce Advertising Studio
- Engage with inactive customers in an efficacious manner.
- Speed up your lead generation process by sending leads from social handles to Salesforce.
- Hunt for more leads and customers who exhibit behaviors similar to those of your current high-value customers.
- Access data from various Salesforce products such as Sales Cloud, Commerce Cloud etc.
Features of Advertising Studio
1. Journey Builder Advertising
Journey Builder lets you map out a wide array of customer activities that leads them to the desired endpoint. As it follows the proposition of a goal defined for every single journey, it will help you stick to a more logical and data-driven approach.
Let’s say the end goal that a marketer has to focus on is making customers register for an online event. To achieve this end goal, a series of steps must be followed in the buyer’s journey. With Journey Builder, you can plan the configuration of each step that a customer will take to sign up for the virtual event. Many a time, it enables you to cater to the needs of customers who might steer away when they’re halfway through.
Journey Builder empowers you to include the required direction to get these lost customers back on track by sending an email or a mobile notification. Also, it helps you picture the one-on-one customer experience throughout the buyer’s journey.
2. Advertising Audience
Advertising Audience from Salesforce Advertising Studio is an excellent tool that lets you group audiences based on particular demographics and customize your ads to meet their needs. It also allows you to generate look-alike leads accordingly. To utilize this feature, you need to create an ad account on Facebook or Twitter based on your requirements.
3. Lead Capturing
Capturing leads through Salesforce Advertising Studio can be done with various setups. A common element for these setups is the administrator privileges. With these exclusive admin privileges, you can access your social accounts without any hassle.
Steps to Set Up Salesforce Advertising Studio
Step 1: Account Configuration
Your account configuration will begin with defining who will use Salesforce Advertising Studio. Next, you need to outline the access level for every user and document the required changes accordingly in SFMC.
For instance, you want to have three users – a designer, an administrator and an advertising manager. Each of these users will have different access permissions to use Salesforce Advertising Studio to maintain robust security for your organization’s data. You need to define the actions that can be performed by each of these users and document them.
Account configuration recap in three simple steps:
- Define your users
- Determine the access permissions that every user needs to get
- Document it in SFMC
Step 2: Navigation and Granting Access
- Go to Setup and Administration on the dashboard.
- Create the required users (for example — advertising manager, administrator and designer).
- Edit the roles and access permissions for every user based on your SFMC documentation.
- Next, enable the API User setting for your users.
- Post these settings, you need to have the following set of features.
- Journey Builder
- Advertising Audience
- Lead Capture (you can download Lead Capture on Salesforce AppExchange if you don’t have it integrated yet).
Step 3: Monitor the Flow of Data
After all these setups are completed, users can create their ad accounts either on Facebook or other social networking platforms and connect them to Advertising Studio. With all these in place, you can group and monitor your audiences. Also, you can customize your approaches to various audience groups based on their demographics and repeat this process of grouping, monitoring and tailoring audience approaches. Your entire data can be accessed from Sales Cloud and combined with information in SFMC to reach out to potential customers with high efficacy.
As you can see, Salesforce Advertising Studio helps you get the best ROI on your advertising and marketing expenditure, by helping you target the right customers, with the right ads, at the right time. At Solunus, we help you make the best use of the innovative Salesforce solution to develop the winning ads. Our rich experience helping companies leverage the power of Salesforce Advertising Studio coupled with our strong focus on comprehending your unique marketing needs enables us to provide the ideal solution to meet the requirements.
Solunus is a dedicated Salesforce partner organization, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Our unrelenting focus on comprehending the unique needs of our clients coupled with our unrivaled expertise of the Salesforce platform enables us to deliver the perfect solutions that create the best value for IT and business analytics firms.