Most consumer appliance manufacturing companies rely on a large network of distributors and dealers to ensure smooth sales. This results in the need to have a 360-degree view of data pertaining to channel partners. The companies must come up with a robust process to plan, execute and monitor all activities related to channel sales. Unfortunately, several organizations in the manufacturing sector lack a robust platform that enables them to access and analyze data in real-time.
Read on to find out how we empowered a multinational manufacturer to get the right, timely insights into channel sales operations and build solid relationships with its business partners, using Salesforce.
About the Client
The client is a 95-year old manufacturer of HVAC products, headquartered in Minneapolis, USA. They are world leaders with operations spread across more than 150 countries. The company has an annual revenue of more than $20 billion.
The company approached us to develop a robust Partner Relationship Management (PRM) solution to replace their legacy system which was more than two decades old. They were primarily looking for a solid solution that could meet their current business needs and facilitate seamless communication with their channel partners.
Challenges Faced by the Client
- The legacy system was very cumbersome and caused data maintenance problems.
- Updates were usually avoided as they take time and disrupt business for a long time.
- People spent considerable time in entering data into the legacy system.
- The application resulted in inefficiencies across business processes.
- Limited ability to maintain relationships with partners and distributors.
Solution Provided by Solunus
As part of our tailor-made solution for the manufacturing company, we implemented Salesforce Partner Community, a powerful PRM product. The Salesforce application enabled the client to communicate with channel partners seamlessly and enjoy complete visibility of the channel business data. It also enabled the organization to have complete control of partner sales, allowing it to take steps for accelerating growth.
As part of the solution, our team performed the following.
- Developed a New Data Management Model to Meet Current Business Needs: The model calls for centralized maintenance of business data using a single system (Salesforce), to ensure easy use of the data.
- Created a Solid Data Security Framework: The framework allows 3rd parties and internal users access only to required information, thereby ensuring high levels of data security.
- Set Up a Robust System to Connect with Partners Easily, Using Partner Community: Salesforce’s PRM product was used to automate the company’s partner on-boarding and de-boarding process, streamline sales across partner channels and get a 360° visibility into partner sales.
- Integrated Salesforce with the Legacy System Using Dell Boomi: The integration allowed smooth transfer of existing business and user data to Salesforce without delay.
- A reduction of 80% in the time needed to handle data.
- Partner satisfaction levels of the client went up by 25%.
- The company recorded a 35% increase in sales through its channel partners.
What You Can Get by Partnering with Solunus
- Work order and invoice processing efficiencies go up by up to 70%.
- Manual processing of tasks can be reduced by nearly 60%.
- A 360-degree view of business data.
- Resolve nearly 90% of customer complaints on the first contact.
- improve service productivity by up to 47%.
Solunus is a dedicated Salesforce partner organization, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Our unrelenting focus on comprehending the unique needs of our clients coupled with our unrivaled expertise of the Salesforce platform enables us to deliver the perfect solutions that create the best value for manufacturing firms.