A key element of a company’s business success is effective management of its customer accounts and opportunities. Proper handling of accounts and opportunities enables an organization to have better interactions with its customers, thereby allowing it to sell more efficiently. Unfortunately, many companies lack a robust process and the tools needed to handle accounts and opportunities with high efficacy, and this has a direct negative impact on their sales revenues.
Today, we will see how Solunus helped a well-known energy company manage its accounts and opportunities very effectively, using Salesforce.
About the Client
The client is a well-known name in the energy sector and based in Dallas, Texas. The company is into the business of oil and gas royalties, specializing in transactions pertaining to Permian Basin minerals.
The customer wanted us to develop a solution that would enable them to handle their customer accounts and sales opportunities with high levels of efficacy. They also sought our assistance in enhancing their data analytics capabilities and integrating their Salesforce system with Dropbox.
Challenges Faced by the Client
- The customer suffered from poor management of leads and opportunities
- The energy company did not have a robust opportunity approval process
- They were unable to impose business rules for opportunity management
- The client lacked a system to upload files and documents directly from opportunity and asset details pages
- Their ability to get real-time business insights was limited
- The organization couldn’t integrate Salesforce with Dropbox effectively
How Solunus Resolved the Client’s Challenges
As part of our customized solution, we implemented Salesforce Sales Cloud. Our experts configured standard capabilities of the novel product viz. Lead and Account Management, Contact Management and Opportunity Management. The solution also included the following.
Setting Up Validation Rules to Restrict Modifications to Opportunities
We worked with the client’s team to set up validation rules to ensure the opportunity stage cannot be modified with insufficient data.
Facilitation of Document Uploads to Opportunity and Asset Details Pages
Our experts modified the layouts of opportunity and asset details pages to enable uploading of documents directly to these pages.
Integration of Dropbox with Salesforce in an Effective Manner
We ensured seamless integration of the client’s Salesforce system with Dropbox, allowing the client to upload files into the file sharing system directly from Salesforce.
- 360° View of all Accounts and Leads
- 35% Improvement in Lead Conversion Rates
- 32% Increase in Sales Revenue
What Energy Firms Can Expect by Partnering with Solunus
- Enable hassle-free digital optimization across the upstream ecosystem
- Ensure effective implementation of commercial processes
- Increase wrench time and enhance operational efficiency of plants
- Strengthen ESG frameworks by facilitating greater transparency
- Develop and implement novel, high-impact eco-friendly business models
Solunus is a dedicated Salesforce partner organization, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Our unrelenting focus on comprehending the unique needs of our clients coupled with our unrivaled expertise of the Salesforce platform enable us to deliver the perfect solutions that create the best value.