Email Studio is one of the powerful tools of Salesforce Marketing Cloud. A leading and comprehensive email marketing platform, Email Studio empowers marketers to deliver personalized, relevant, and intelligent messages at scale. This novel tool helps you provide consistently good experiences across the customer journey and connect the sales, service and customer service teams in your organization seamlessly.
With Email Studio, you can approve the content of your marketing emails, automate and monitor your email marketing campaigns and manage your user accounts from anywhere, anytime. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the features of the innovative application and explain how you can leverage this comprehensive email tool in five different ways to enhance your email marketing efficacy.
Features of Email Studio
No Coding Required
Ramp up your email creation process with an intuitive UI and drag-and-drop elements to create either static or dynamic content.
Share Content Across Channels
Be it mobile, email or social media, you can use Content Builder of Email Studio to search, tag and share content across various distribution channels to create and manage content at scale, effortlessly.
Send with Confidence
Before sending your emails, test and check if the correct customer data is entered, in the preview. What does this mean? No more sending emails in anxiety.
Built-in Artificial Intelligence
Leverage the power of AI by using Einstein for Marketing Cloud to deliver highly personalized emails along with sure-shot product recommendations based on the past customer behavior that you’ve documented. This novel application allows you to improve your email management efficiency in a big way.
Any Email, Any Audience
From promotional emails (flash sales, newsletters, coupons, loyalty programs and events) and e-commerce emails (order confirmations, product recommendations, receipts and abandoned cart items) to transactional and triggered emails (bank statements, purchase confirmations, hotel reservations, overdraft alerts and shipping notifications), you can send them all very easily using Salesforce e-mail studio.
Let’s now proceed to look at 5 ways to use Salesforce Email Studio to ensure the success of your email marketing efforts.
5 Effective Ways to Utilize Salesforce Email Studio for Your Marketing
- Manage Subscriber Data Easily
- Create Personalized Content Effortlessly
- Manage Email Deliverability
- Perform A/B Testing Before the Final Email Blast
- Use Data to Improve Campaigns over Time
Manage Subscriber Data Easily
You can create customer segments easily and send targeted emails to ensure higher customer engagement and long-term customer loyalty. You can manage subscriber data efficiently in Salesforce Email Studio. Lists, groups, and data extensions are the three best ways to store subscriber data in Email Studio. We’ll now look at each of these ways, in detail.
If you’re managing a subscriber model that doesn’t contain any transactional or commercial information, a List is the best way to go ahead with. Here are some pointers on when exactly you need to use the list model for your campaigns.
- When your subscriber list contains less than 500,000 records
- When you are determined to use a restricted number of subscriber attributes
- When you don’t require high import speeds
To store additional information about your subscribers, use preference and profile attributes. While preference attributes refer to yes or no choices from your subscribers as a whole, profile attributes refer to information that characterizes each subscriber, viz, name, email address, mobile number, etc.
To ensure that you’re sending the right content to the right contacts, you can maintain the following lists.
- A suppression list is a restricted subgroup of your subscribers that should receive only a specific set of emails and not receive exclusive emails reserved for your loyal customers.
- A publication list is a subgroup of subscribers where you give them permission to control what kind of communications they should receive or even opt-out of future emails sent from your business.
In Email Studio, a group is a subgroup of your list subscribers that enables you to simplify your customer data management. You can create both filtered and random groups which can be utilized to A/B test your Salesforce email templates.
3. Data extensions
A Data Extension (DE) in Email Studio is a data table that empowers you to manage complicated data models to exercise even better and closer control. Email Studio provides various data extensions and field types that let email marketers simplify data management. Data extensions are perfectly suited for transactional emails as they can hold any type of information including customer purchase histories and addresses.
Use the DE model when you:
- Have a list containing more than 500,000 subscribers
- Require fast import speeds
- Must implement triggered sends
- Must implement triggered sends
- Want to utilize separate definitions for multiple subscriber data sets
Create Personalized Content Effortlessly
Email Studio lets you create personalized email content that provides value to subscribers. To effectively create customized content for your subscribers, you can:
- Use the drag and drop functionality
- Create your own email templates or use existing email templates
- Use reusable content to create email designs and send them faster
- Utilize personal scripting language and HTML code to design your emails
You can use the Salesforce tool to reach out to your customers with perfectly-optimized emails for mobile devices, so that they appear to subscribers as intended.
Some of the best practices to view or edit content in Email Studio are listed below.
1. Create and Use templates
Want to reuse layouts, banners, borders and background colors? The email templates of Salesforce Email Studio are great options to consider. You can create and design email templates for various campaigns and execute them faster.
2. Design and Utilize Content Boxes
Content boxes are easy to create and reuse. You can insert tables, images and text in a content box as it is based on a standard Salesforce email template or a HTML template. All you need to do is navigate to the My Contents section under the Content tab in Email Studio and get started. Once you create content boxes, you can use them across multiple emails effortlessly.
3. Create Dynamic Content
Salesforce Email Studio lets marketers create dynamic content that helps them ensure that relevant content reaches their target audience and nudges them to act. Dynamic content in Email Studio can either be retrieved or built into a content area in an email.
Manage Email Deliverability
As you are aware not all brand emails are delivered to subscribers’ inboxes; many a time, marketing emails end up in spam or junk folders. This will have a direct impact on email open rates, clickthrough rates, bounce rates, spam complaints and unsubscribe rates.
With Email Studio’s Content Detective, you can identify potential spam content before you run any email campaigns or even send out a single email, thus, improving your email deliverability. Here are some best practices to improve your email deliverability using Email Studio:
- Make sure that your email subject lines are not misleading or deceptive.
- Add your address book instructions to all your emails.
- Remove any bounced addresses prior to your next send.
- Make sure your customers recognize the ‘From email address’ and ‘From name’ easily.
- Authenticate all your emails to avoid bulk folder delivery.
- Use non-promotional subject lines for transactional or customer relationship messages. Plus, make sure the transactional content is placed above the commercial content in these emails.
- Ensure that all your subscribers on all your email lists have given email send permission.
Perform A/B Testing Before Your Final Email Blast
Testing your email campaigns on a small batch of your target audience is imperative to ensure that you get the best results out of your campaigns. Two versions of emails with different attributes/content are sent to two separate batches of your subscriber list. Once sent, you need to monitor which version receives higher open rate and clickthrough rate. Next, send the email with the higher response rate to your remaining subscribers. Doing this helps you test email attributes and optimize them on the go.
Use Data to Improve Campaigns over Time
Email Studio comes with robust AI-driven capabilities that allow you to track the performance of your marketing e-mails and take appropriate steps to obtain the desired results. The Salesforce tool allows you to:
- Track your subscribers’ actions and performance of e-mails sent to a list of subscribers
- View critical email marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as open rate, clickthrough rate and number of undelivered messages
- Capture the number of emails forwarded and the number of new subscribers generated with each forward.
Email Studio’s Tracking Workspace lets you view the performance of emails sent in real time. Also, it helps you compare high-level metrics for each message in a campaign and overall numbers.
Email Studio empowers you to create better customer experiences and develop solid email marketing strategies and execute them very effectively to get the desired results. At Solunus, we help you leverage Email Studio to come up with the winning email marketing campaign. We’ve rich experience in enabling companies of all sizes across the industry spectrum to make the best use of the Salesforce solution. This, coupled with our strong focus on comprehending your unique needs, allows us to ensure you get the highest ROI on email marketing.
Solunus is a dedicated Salesforce partner organization, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Our unrelenting focus on comprehending the unique needs of our clients coupled with our unrivaled expertise of the Salesforce platform enables us to deliver the perfect solutions that create the best value for IT and business analytics firms.